Saturday 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas

Our local council provided some Christmas cheer in our Square this year for the first time.
Some scoffed - it was too small.
Some thought it a waste of money - bah humbug!

But I love our graceful little tree - in all weathers and lights - it was a lovely way to start and end my work day.



However, no-one in their right mind would dare call the Christmas tree in the QVB too small!
Moving up into the dome from the ground floor, through three levels, this tree is truly majestic and magnificent. Covered in Swarovski crystals it sparkles from its tippy top to its glorious base.




Christmas in Australia means the flowering of the native Christmas Bush - one of my favourite bushes for its glorious colour and delicate flowers.


The neighbours cat showing off his Christmas cool!


Seasonally silliness as our old Sydney buses get pulled out of retirement to become party buses!


My bosses grandson and his friend, graced our doorstep with Christmas carols for the first time this year. It was a lovely way to work our day. It was such a delight to see how poised and assured this young man has become. Our customers were thrilled and my boss was beaming from ear to ear.


Merry Christmas one and all.

However you spend your 25th of December, may it be filled with family, friends and love, at the very least. And may your Christmas Eve be filled with fun, laughter and good cheer.

This post is part of Saturday Snapshot.

7 comments:

  1. Look at that tree!!
    Yours is too small in town square...I agree, but the sparkling one in QVB is gorgeous! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too Brona, such a lovely festive post. I think your Balmain tree is nice. I almost saw the QVB one this year, but was too lazy to cross the road (I had very sore feet from walking all day), and was on my way to Kinokuniya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand perfectly how kino beats tree any day !!

      Merry Christmas Louise 🎄

      Delete
  3. Both Christmas trees are beautiful, but the one in the QVB is magnificent! So is the blooming Christmas bush. Thank you for sharing Christmas in Australia. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is the largest Christmas tree I've ever seen....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you can't help but get into the Christmas spirit in your town!

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.