Saturday 2 May 2015

Ho Chi Minh City

Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon was our first port of call in Vietnam.
It's an energetic, vibrant city that embraces its traditional and French Colonial past. There is now also a desire to modernise as the younger generations choose careers in education, tourism & finance.
We loved our time in Saigon.
We ate well, completed a cooking class, tried our first Vietnamese coffee, walked our legs off & learnt to cross the road Vietnamese style (more of that later).
Tube Buildings
Bitexco Financial Tower
People Committee's Building
Dong Khoi at night
Me Linh Square & statue of Tran Hung Dao
More tube buildings - I loved them!
Central Post Office - repainting.
Opera House - side view
Opera House - front view of this beautiful belle époque building.
Saigon River in the morning
Reunification Palace
This post is part of Saturday Snapshot

9 comments:

  1. I grew up with Vietnam in the news every night. Even just the words of Saigon and Vietnam make me feel sad for all the fighting there.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your travel photographs. I would never have seen the tall buildings, and the bustling city of Saigon without you sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brona, Visiting Vietnam seems so exotic to me. And your Saigon River photo is iconic. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots! I really love the night time photos....they look so glorious. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your photos! I think it would be a great place to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me want to go for a bowl of Pho and a glass of ice dripped coffee now. Wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vietnam is on my travel wishlist- if I can ever stop going back to Paris... Why are they called tube buildings?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delhi has lots of tube buildings...

    Love the pics...

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.