Saturday 9 November 2013

Saturday Snapshot - Jacaranda Blooms

Saturday Snapshot is a now being hosted by Melinda from West Metro Mommy

The rules are simple:

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.


Late October/early November is Jacaranda time in Sydney.
It's one of my favourite times of the year.
I've taken soooooo many photos of the trees nearby over the past few weeks...
this is a very small sample of their progress in that time...
from first blossom, to rain drop; first sign of green to end of blossoms.








13 comments:

  1. I love the colour of jacarandas, it's so beautiful. It's one of the colours of Sydney. Although I had PTSD from jacaranda blue for many years, there is a particularly magnificent jacaranda in the main quad at Sydney Uni. It was always at its most glorious as the exam timetable came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a lot of instagram photos of the beautiful jacaranda in Sydney Uni quad this year Louise. But PTSD? Was it the exam pressure associated with spring time??

      Delete
    2. Yes the exam timetables were put out on boards in the corner of the quad with the jacaranda. I imagine they still do that, but don't know for sure.

      Delete
  2. They are So beautiful! Almost looks like wisteria as a tree rather than a vine. You brightened my Morning, Brona! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees are beautiful - and there are so many blooms carpeting the ground. They remind me of magnolias, but I think tat's because magnolia flowers tend to appear before the leaves. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/Zlqhui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking to work on my carpet of purple, although they can be a little slippery after rain and they can leave a stain on your car duco

      Delete
  4. I'll never see jacarandas here. Beautiful flowering trees. At first I thought that's snow on the ground! Maybe too entrenched with scenes from my hood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous. Are jacarandas always lavender? I think there are some in Florida and they seem more magenta. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever seen lavender coloured jacaranda's in Australia. And photos I've seen of ones in South Africa and Asia are all lavender too which isn't to say a magenta one doesn't exist and it would certainly look magnificent if it did!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers! We don't have jacarandas in my part of the world, so I really appreciate these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness. How lovely. Do they smell amazing, too? Now I want to visit Sydney in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jacaranda scent is subtle to non-existent Anne. I think if it had an amazing scent as well it would almost be too much sensory information!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Love the color!!

    ReplyDelete

I know that blogger comments can be a pain, but I do love to hear from you. Please log onto a google account to make it as easy as possible.

All spam & anonymous comments will be deleted and comment moderation is in place for most posts.